International students are always looking for the cheapest university in Canada for studying. Here we have listed some universities which are providing affordable education to international students.
We have taken into consideration all factors like tuition fees, accommodation, and other expenses for students so that you can get an idea about the total cost of your study in Canada.
Table of Contents
This list of contents is a helpful guide to navigating this article.
- There are over 60 universities in Canada, but only a few are world-class institutions and affordable for international students.
- You will find out which universities are the best value for money and the most affordable in each province or territory of Canada.
- This way you can make sure you choose the university that fits your needs best!
What is the Cheapest Canadian University for Foreign Students?
The cost of living in Canada is among the highest in the world. It is more expensive than even the UK and US. So, if you’re planning to study in Canada, be prepared to spend a lot on your accommodation, transportation, and food expenses.
The tuition fees for international students vary from one university to another depending on whether it is a public or private institution and also on your academic program (full-time or part-time).
Generally speaking, Canadian universities have much lower tuition fees compared with other western countries. However, as mentioned earlier, international students may have to pay additional fees for health insurance coverage which can be quite costly depending on where you live and what type of health plan you choose.
In addition to tuition fee payments, there are other expenses like accommodation rental costs; student loans; food expenses, etc that should also be taken into consideration when budgeting for a study abroad program in Canada
How Much Does it Cost to Study at a Canadian University?
Tuition fees vary depending on the program you choose to study. In most cases, the tuition fee is higher for international students than for local students. This is because the universities want to make up for their loss of revenue by charging more to foreign students who pay in foreign currency.
Additionally, tuition fees are usually higher for programs that are more specialized and competitive or those that take a longer time to complete (e.g., graduate programs). As such, if you have a choice between two similar bachelor’s degrees but one of them costs significantly less than another one then it is probably because it has fewer credits or has been designed specifically for local students only.
List of Cheap Universities in Canada for Foreign Students
- McGill University
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Alberta
- University of Montreal
- University of Waterloo
- University of Victoria (UVic) is a public research university located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. It was founded as an affiliated branch of McGill University by William Van Horne and was originally known as the McGill Normal School. The institution was renamed “Victoria College” in 1903, after Queen Victoria’s death that year. In 1908, it became the first Canadian university to accept international students. In 1912, it changed its name to simply “University of Victoria”.
If you are looking for cheap universities in Canada for international students, then this article will be helpful to you. We have provided a list of cheap universities in Canada for international students and their tuition fees. So, go through it once and get your desired information about cheap universities in Canada for international students in 2020/21.
This article will provide a list of cheap universities in Canada for international students and their tuition fees
- University of New Brunswick
- Tuition fees: $6,852 (Canadian) per semester
- Tuition fees for international students: $20,000 (Canadian) per year
4 thoughts on “Study in Canada: Cheap Universities in Canada for Foreign Students 2022/23”