Hear me out. The AAMA is a great organization that works hard to promote the profession of medical assistants and make sure you have the resources and support you need to thrive in your career.
And, as an AAMA member, you’ll get access to some nice benefits like discounts on supplies and insurance as well as access to continuing education programs and a community of professionals who know what it’s like working in healthcare. So let’s talk about how you can join!
Student membership is open to all students enrolled in an accredited medical assisting program. If you are a student and would like to join the AAMA, please complete the Student Application for Membership:
- You will receive a free membership that includes discounts on conferences, webinars, and other events
- You will have access to the AAMA Student website with study guides, videos, and other resources
- You will also be added to our Student Email List where you can ask questions about your career path as an MA
Recommended: Best Nursing School Scholarships That Are Easy To Apply
Certified Medical Assistant
If you’re interested in becoming a medical assistant, or if you already work as one and want to expand your knowledge and skills, the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) offers certification programs that can help.
Certification programs are designed for those who have already mastered the basics of their profession and want to sharpen their skills by learning advanced techniques. The AAMA offers two levels of certification: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and Certified Physician Assistant (CPA).
If you are not a student, certified medical assistant, or an AAMA member but would like to receive e-newsletters from the AAMA and access the organization’s website, affiliate membership might be the best option for you.
AAMA member benefits
As an AAMA member, you’ll receive benefits such as discounts on products and services.
- You can save money by purchasing products through the Association. The Association offers members a variety of discounts on products and services in the health care industry.
- You also have access to continuing education courses at discounted prices when you purchase them through the Association. These courses are offered online and in person, so you can take them wherever it’s most convenient for your schedule!
- If your career is taking you on trips away from home often, then be sure to check out all the discounts AAMA offers its members on travel expenses like hotels or rental cars.
Pay dues and join the AAMA
Once you’ve found a local chapter and have decided to join, paying your dues and joining is pretty simple. If you’re already an AAMA member, log in to the website and click on the “Member Services” tab. From there you can renew your membership or cancel it at any time.
If this is your first time joining the association, go ahead and pay $50 for your first year of membership (this amount may vary regionally). The next step is filling out some paperwork that should be e-mailed to you within a few days of applying for benefits. Once that’s done, simply wait for confirmation of enrollment from your local chapter!
Recommended: List of Courses In Nursing That You Need To Pass
The AAMA membership is a great way to support your profession.
The American Association of Medical Assistants, or AAMA, is a great way to support your profession. As a member, you’ll receive access to tools and resources that will help you become better at your job, such as:
- Job listings
- Member discounts on insurance and other products
- Training seminars
- And more! If you’re looking for ways to further improve yourself as an assistant in the healthcare field, joining the AAMA is worth considering. One of the first things many people do when they start working in an unfamiliar industry is to join professional organizations like this one. It’s easy enough to sign up—the signup form just asks for basic information like where you live and how long it’s been since you graduated from school (if applicable). There’s also no fee involved until June 2020; after that date, there will be an annual cost starting at $50 per year but with additional benefits depending on how much money has been contributed by then.
Membership in the AAMA is a great way to support your profession and connect with other medical assistants. If you’re ready to become an AAMA member, click on the link below where you’ll find more information about joining.