EDGE Fellowship Programme for Future Conservation Leaders 2022/23
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants who intend to sharpen their skills set as future conservation leaders to apply for the 2022/2023 EDGE Fellowship Programme. The fellowship is the only global conservation initiative to focus specifically on threatened species.
The EDGE of Existence programme highlights and protects some of the most wonderful species on the planet using a scientific framework to identify the world’s most Evolutionary Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) species.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Fondation Franklinia
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Early career level
Duration: 24 months
Nationality: All Nationalities
EDGE Fellowship Programme | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the EDGE Fellowship Programme 2022, interested applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Applicant’s work focus must be on an EDGE species included on the 2022 curated list.
- Applicants are an early-career conservation biologist or wildlife manager (less than 10 years’ experience).
- Are a resident of a country in which the proposed focal species occurs.
The two-year Fellowship comprises of:
- A 4-week conservation tools training course at the beginning of the programme to provide Fellows with essential training in techniques to plan and implement their project.
- A grant of £10,000 to undertake a 2-year project on a top-priority EDGE species.
- Ongoing technical support via online modules, web-based tutorials/seminars, and field visits throughout the Fellowship.
- One-to-one support from a scientific advisor based a ZSL or a partner organisation.
- A 2-week conservation leadership training course in London on successful completion of Fellowship to help Fellows prepare for the next stage of their career.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the EDGE Fellowship Programme 2022/23 are to discuss their projects with the EDGE team before applying. All applications will be reviewed by a panel of experts. Applicants will be informed in October 2022 of the decision.
Application Deadline: 17th July 2022