Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG) is a healthcare group with speciality in Eye care services. The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anesthetic Technician
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Consultant Anesthesiologist
- The Anaesthetic technician’s main responsibility is to assist in patient support and monitor of vital signs post-surgery to ensure smooth and quick recovery after surgery and ensure the general wellbeing of patients.
- Prepares equipment needed for the patient to safely undergo Anesthesia
- Assisting in setting up the anesthetic machine
- Preparation of intravenousdrugs
- Assisting in preparing a range of devices to maintain the patient’s airway (e.g.laryngeal masks, endotracheal tube)
- Communicating with the patient when they arrive into the operating theatre
- Preparation of Anesthetics checklist protocols
- Establishing and securing an airway under the supervision of the Consultant Anesthesiologist.
- Making sure that patients are positioned in such a way NOT to cause discomfort or injury during their procedure.
- Monitoring and maintaining patients’ vital signs.
- Collection and analysis of patient (blood) samples.
- Acquiring and administering transfusion fluids and equipment.
- Work closely under the supervision of the Consultant Anesthesiologist.
- Waking the patient after the surgery.
- Removing airway devices.
- Transferring patients to post-operative care units
- Care and maintenance of critical tools.
- A National Certificate in Anesthetic Technology from a reputable university teaching hospital.
- At least 2 years work experience in the same role
- A good knowledge of peri-operatives is required for the role
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication and people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good technical and measurement skills.
- Organized and methodical.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.