The Aga Khan University Medical Fellowship Programmes is now open for applications from interested and eligible candidates to participate in the Fellowship at The Aga Khan University’s Medical College of East Africa to provide high quality training for health profession leaders who aspire to become reputable specialist doctors.
The Fellowship programmes build on the strengths of the residency programmes and aim to provide focused and in-depth training in a specific sub-specialty. They differ from residency programmes in terms of the depth and extent of training provided.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Aga Khan University Medical College
Host Institution(s): Aga Khan University, East Africa
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master of Medicine in various medical fields
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program for Studies in the United States [Funded]
DETAILS | Aga Khan University Medical Fellowship Programmes
Fellowship Programmes are intended to train academically oriented leaders in clinical care and investigation using best practice approaches that prepare trainees to work at the forefront of their field.
Currently the University offers fellowship programmes in the following specialties:
- Cardiology Fellowship
- Fellowship in Infectious Diseases
- Fellowship in Neonatology
- Fellowship in Paediatric Neurology
- Fellowship in Medical Oncology
- Fellowship in Neurology
- Fellowship in Nuclear Medicine
To be eligible for Aga Khan University Medical Fellowship Programmes, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have completion of a full residency training programme (Masters degree in medicine or equivalent postgraduate course) in the parent specialty.
- Applicants must have other requirements to include Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) or equivalent;
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (or other recognised medical board) and at least 4 years post internship experience.
- Evidence of bonding from the current employer will be required from successful candidates, prior to admission to commence training.
- Demonstrate high-level clinical skills and display an understanding of contextual engagement in the care of children with neurology conditions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective team player and manager.
- An organized, focused, self-driven learner with an appropriate training mindset.
See Also: TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries 2022
How-to-Apply: To access the detailed requirements and application process, click on any of the fellowship programmes (below) that you may be interested in.
Currently, applications are Open for Fellowship training in:
Applications should include a cover letter, detailed current curriculum vitae, statement of motivation, academic certificates and transcripts.
The application should be sent by email to: Aga Khan University, [email protected].
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Visit the Official Website for Further Details